EBO Following a Voluntary Bankruptcy to Revive the Business
- Prevented the disappearance of a traditional textile processing technique (Chichibu Chijimi) in its production area!
- Recovered the business by integrating support from the chamber of commerce and industry and local financial institutions!
- Supported and maintained the traditional local industry!
- Type of Business: Textile Dyeing and Processing
- Business Scale: JPY 50M~
- Business Area: Kanto Region
- Number of Employees: 12
Status of Business
- The textile industry has spread overseas and orders gradually decreased over the years.
- Following the Tohoku Earthquake, all orders were suspended and Company F applied for a voluntary bankruptcy
- Local business stopped manufacturing due to the bankruptcy of Company F and the traditional Chichibu Chijimi was no longer produced.
- Cooperated with Chichibu's chamber of commerce and industry to organize a scheme to revive the company and make financial arrangements.
- Difficulty finding a sponsor after a bankruptcy
- Creating a realistic business plan to receive approval from the bankruptcy estate
- Increased risk of former business partners switching to competitors as time passes after the suspension of business
- Immediate action was required to restructure the business and restart the business with obligors
Contents of Support
(Market Research, General Consultation)
- Negotiated with former employees and regular customers and received support to establish a receiving company
- Made financial arrangements to purchase production facilities back from the bankruptcy estate
- Negotiated with the bankruptcy trustee to organized production facility purchase and releasing the right of exclusion
- Formulated a revitalization plan and borrowed working capital from the local financial institution and DBJ
- Succeeded in business revitalization through negotiations with the vendor and clients
Optius's Plus One!Local business revitalization through the use of the chamber of commerce and industry and local financial institutions
- Succeeded in acquisition with the support of employees and business partner to save the traditional Chichibu Chijimi product and continue to contribute to the local economy