Domestic and International Support Projects
M&A Advisory (Succession of a Business)
Succsession through M&A for a company lacking a successor
- Successfully collected shares from a scattered shareholder structure
- Succeeded employees and customer base and the owner was able to retire
- Filled the corporate weakness through M&A
Company Type (Company S)
- Type of Business: Sales Promotion・Advertising Agent
- Business Scale: JPY 2,000M
- Business Area: Kanto Region
- Number of Employees: 15
Status of Business
- Company is S is a sales promotion company known for the exceptional planning products. Successfully created planning and design internally but experienced a decline in business when the owner became ill. The company decided to transfer business but faced challenges such as minor shareholders who were left when the company was planning an IPO in the past.
- The acquirer, company W was led by a young owner managing a similar company. Company W was eager to acquire company S due to their lack of planning and designing resources.
- Sales relationships failed when the owner fell ill. Experienced a decline in sales and the organizational structure was falling apart. The company also experienced a lack in cash flow.
- No internal or external successor
- M&A was considered to be a difficult option as there were many minor shareholders.
Contents of Support (M&A Execution Support)
- Introduced Company W as Company S's acquirer who can utilize Company S's strengths. A successor was introduced by Company W.
- Created a business transfer scheme that only involved the business and human resources and returned loans using consideration payments and business transfer fees
- Managed all minor shareholders by indicating that the company was in a dangerous state facing near bankruptcy
Optius's Plus One! One company's matching failed, but immediately found another candidate to execute a successful M&A
- Initially looked for midscale advertisement agencies which lacked in making speedy decisions.
- Found and matched Company W who hoped to utilize Company S's business strengths.
- Once the initial matching failed, Optius immediately scheduled a meeting with Company W for detailed discussions regarding the business transfer. The utilization of a strong networking with small and medium sized enterprises led to a quick new match.