Domestic and International Support Projects
EBO Following a Voluntary Bankruptcy to Revive the Business
- Prevented the disappearance of a traditional textile processing technique (Chichibu Chijimi) in its production area!
- Recovered the business by integrating support from the chamber of commerce and industry and local financial institutions!
- Supported and maintained the traditional local industry!
Company Type (Company F)
- Type of Business: Textile Dyeing and Processing
- Business Scale: JPY 50M~
- Business Area: Kanto Region
- Number of Employees: 12
Status of Business
- The textile industry has spread overseas and orders gradually decreased over the years.
- Following the Tohoku Earthquake, all orders were suspended and Company F applied for a voluntary bankruptcy
- Local business stopped manufacturing due to the bankruptcy of Company F and the traditional Chichibu Chijimi was no longer produced.
- Cooperated with Chichibu's chamber of commerce and industry to organize a scheme to revive the company and make financial arrangements.
- Difficulty finding a sponsor after a bankruptcy
- Creating a realistic business plan to receive approval from the bankruptcy estate
- Increased risk of former business partners switching to competitors as time passes after the suspension of business
- Immediate action was required to restructure the business and restart the business with obligors
Contents of Support (Company Establishment・Negotiation with Parties Involved)
- Negotiated with former employees and regular customers and received support to establish a receiving company
- Made financial arrangements to purchase production facilities back from the bankruptcy estate
- Negotiated with the bankruptcy trustee to organized production facility purchase and releasing the right of exclusion
- Formulated a revitalization plan and borrowed working capital from the local financial institution and DBJ
- Succeeded in business revitalization through negotiations with the vendor and clients
Optius's Plus One! Local business revitalization through the use of the chamber of commerce and industry and local financial institutions
- Succeeded in acquisition with the support of employees and business partner to save the traditional Chichibu Chijimi product and continue to contribute to the local economy