Domestic and International Support Projects
A wine trading company was able to enter a different industry through M&A of a restaurant
- Entered the restaurant industry
- Utilized the restaurant as a test sales location for wine
- Secured sommeliers and chefs to establish a brand with multiple locations
Company Type (Company R)
- Type of Business: Wine Trading Company
- Business Scale: JPY 1,000M~ , Profitable Company
- Business Area: Kanto Region, Overseas
- Number of Employees: N/A
Status of Business
- Company R has built a reputation as a wine trading company. The company operates on a consolidated basis and is actively performing M&As to expand their business.
- Company R had an interest in restaurant management. As a part of the company's M&A strategy, the company decided to accept a business transfer of a restaurant famous for wine (a restaurant operating in Tokyo) as a location to perform test sales of their wine.
- Lack of information regarding a potential developing market
- Lack of knowledge regarding how to approach the technological and business needs of potential business scopes
- Lack of a specific business plan to enter a new market
Contents of Support (M&A Execution Support)
- Analyzing the target restaurant・Information Sharing and confirming the needs of the buyer and seller
- Due diligence execution support
- Pre-adjustments with the restaurant owner and advisor, exchange of information, advice on negotiating conditions, back up operations
- Support for post business transfer procedures, Post M&A Support
Optius's Plus One! Gathered information regarding the business from the seller's advisor after the business transfer to provide exceptional after support.
- A business transfer often involves conflict with the previous owner due to factors such as inheriting the current customers, managing the terms of employment of the employees etc.
- Optius backed up the business transfer by keeping in touch with the previous owner's advisor and employees to keep the business up and running.